Monday, November 5, 2007

remember, remember the fourth of november

my son arrived on time...almost to the hour...the countdown to Braden was scheduled to end at noon on nov 4th (his due date) and he did not disappoint by arriving 58 minutes ahead of schedule.

vital statistics
weight: 7 lbs, 6 oz.
height: 19 in.
birthdate: 11/4/07 - 11:02 am
location: clovis community hospital

...and now a few photos to tell the story...

...after laboring from midnight to 5 am (while i slept...she didn't wake me) the contractions began increasing in frequency...by 8 am, we decided that it was time to go to the hospital...


...when we arrived at the hospital, jamie was already at 6 cm so things moved quickly...but there was time for a picture in between contractions...


...the contractions got worse, jamie pushed, he popped out, and we took our first picture...


...mom did a fine job...


...in aunt jordan's arm...


...our first family picture...


...his eyes opened, but the picture was blurry...


...we dressed him up...and his clothes are still a little big...



...and then we went home...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

--
hoo-ray! we are so excited for you guys.

is it too soon to ask him to run the bases?

you guys are such troopers in those pictures...well done.

Jason said...

the only word besides congrats i can think of is...

crazy!

congrats again guys! he's awesome, we'll see him soon @ church I'm sure

--jason and brandie

RachaelEnsom said...

Okay you just need to tell Jamie that I have never seen a girl look so gorgeous after just having a baby! Holy cow! Congrats to both of you!!!

carsonbelmont said...

I am so bummed that I am not in Fresno. But I'll see the little guy soon enough. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I am happy for you.
Also, Jamie used superhuman powers to smile so much.

Also, you just used V to signify the birth of your child.
Awesome.

Thirdly, I would like to hold the little tyke. It seems he got his mother's head size.

You are good people.

Rachel said...

aww he is adorable!
congrats to the both of you ...and I agree with Rachael Jamie looked amazing for just having a baby!:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Father Belmont!

Anonymous said...

I love you two so much...my best girl and then my brother. I'm so proud of you james....my inspiration for childbirth...also keeping a nice firm butt!! ;) I love BRADES MCGEE....it'll stick...presents from the island are coming....aloha!!!

Katie said...

Congrats on the most adorable baby boy I've ever seen...You two look like naturals at this parenting thing.

kelly said...

More braden pictures, please! Now that gene and I have finished Planet Earth (excellent), we need something else to look at. I'm sure being new parents makes for lots of pictures, so when you're done changing and feeding, we'd be happy to see some of them. And tell braden we'll need to see him in person again sometime soon, so if he could make room in his schedule...

Hope you guys are doing well.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you two! You're going to be one big happy family! I would love to see little Braden sometime. I hope mom and son are doing well!