Thursday, April 3, 2008

positive post thursday...

in an effort to infuse some positivity into the often-depressing world of the internet, a couple of my friends (gene and luke...who are also approximately 66% of my readership) have begun a weekly post series called "positive post tuesday" (i believe the tradition started here)...i am following suit, however, i don't want to cram too much positive-ness into one day...so mine will be called..."positive post thursday"....

i will keep this post short since i am at work...and my break is ending...and my phone just started ringing...

check these guys out...they are some college friends of my brother's...they are going to be kayaking down the entire mississippi river from minnesota to the gulf of mexico to raise money for an organization that fights human sex trafficking...their website is very informative and really opened my eyes to what a huge issue this is around the world...

so if you are asking yourself, "how is this a positive post?"...well, i was really encouraged to see how young people are tackling tough issues and using the internet to get the word out...if you have a few extra bucks, send it their way...if not, give them an encouraging comment...that's all....

http://www.upstreambattle.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

--
well done.

way to spread the positivity-ness-ship evenly through the week.

carsonbelmont said...

Thanks Casey! I am sure they appreciate it. They are actually gonna be in Fresno this weekend as well as myself.

Oliver France said...

Mr. Belmont! Isn't it exciting when you find "Friends of yester year" in blog form? I must say that I am excited. :-) It's awesome to see you as a beaming father I must say. It looks like God has smiled upon you my friend. I hope all is good, and continues to be good for you in life. You have always been a standup man. God bless you, and your family.